Discover the high-quality essential micro-mineral for overall wellness.
Key Product Features and Benefits
Supports Healthy Muscle Function.*
Supports Nerve & Bone Health.*
Supports Healthy Heart Rhythm.*
Supports Healthy Sleep.*
High Absorbable Form of Magnesium.*
Suitable for Vegetarian Use.
Magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral in our body and supports more than 300 enzyme-induced biochemical reactions.*(21) Being a micronutrient, we need it in relatively small amounts, but it makes a huge impact.*(21) Around 25 g of magnesium are available in an adult's body, with 50–60% of that amount found in bones and the rest in soft tissues.*(21) The amount of free magnesium in circulation is less than 1% of the total, and as an essential micronutrient, the body closely regulates these levels.*(21)
Despite its physiological importance, our regular dietary habits may not contain enough magnesium to fulfil our wellness needs; therefore, supplementing with highly absorbable magnesium may be a perfect choice.*(21)
Supports Muscle Health*(1,2)
Magnesium plays a vital role in regulating the calcium and potassium levels that supports healthy muscle functioning.*(14) Magnesium also supports recovery from exercise by dispositioning lactate, which accumulates during exercise.*(1,2)
Supports Nerve Health*(3,4)
Magnesium involves in the transmission of signals between nerve cells and muscles to support healthy nerve functioning.*(3,4)
Supports Bone Health*(5-9)
Magnesium supports bone formation by maintaining healthy calcium, phosphorus, sodium and potassium, and vitamin D levels.*(5-9)
Supports Heart Health*(10-16)
Magnesium supports healthy heart functioning by helping the contraction and relaxation of heart muscles and also supports maintaining healthy circulation.*(10-16)
Supports Healthy Sleep*(17-19)
Magnesium supports natural calming and relaxation, and helps easier transition to deep and healthy sleep.*(17-19)
Why Sandhu’s Magnesium Citrate?
Magnesium citrate, a high absorbable form of magnesium.*(20)
Raw materials sourced from quality suppliers.
Easy-to-swallow vegetarian capsules.
Gluten, soy, dairy-free, and third-party tested.
Manufactured and distributed according to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Reno AM, Green M, Killen LG, O'Neal EK, Pritchett K, Hanson Z. Effects of Magnesium Supplementation on Muscle Soreness and Performance. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2022 Aug 1;36(8):2198-203.
- Córdova A, Mielgo-Ayuso J, Roche E, Caballero-García A, Fernandez-Lázaro D. Impact of magnesium supplementation in muscle damage of professional cyclists competing in a stage race. Nutrients. 2019 Aug 16;11(8):1927.
- Macian N, Dualé C, Voute M, Leray V, Courrent M, Bodé P, Giron F, Sonneville S, Bernard L, Joanny F, Menard K. Short-term magnesium therapy alleviates moderate stress in patients with fibromyalgia: A randomized double-blind clinical trial. Nutrients. 2022 May 17;14(10):2088.
- Starobrat-Hermelin B, Kozielec T. The effects of magnesium physiological supplementation on hyperactivity in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Positive response to magnesium oral loading test. Magnesium research. 1997 Jun 1;10(2):149-56.
- Ryder KM, Shorr RI, Bush AJ, Kritchevsky SB, Harris T, Stone K, Cauley J, Tylavsky FA. Magnesium intake from food and supplements is associated with bone mineral density in healthy older white subjects. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2005 Nov;53(11):1875-80.
- Dimai HP, Porta S, Wirnsberger G, Lindschinger M, Pamperl I, Dobnig H, Wilders-Truschnig M, Lau KH. Daily oral magnesium supplementation suppresses bone turnover in young adult males. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 1998 Aug 1;83(8):2742-8.
- Carpenter TO, DeLucia MC, Zhang JH, Bejnerowicz G, Tartamella L, Dziura J, Petersen KF, Befroy D, Cohen D. A randomized controlled study of effects of dietary magnesium oxide supplementation on bone mineral content in healthy girls. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2006 Dec 1;91(12):4866-72.
- Matias CN, Santos DA, Monteiro CP, Vasco AM, Baptista F, Sardinha LB, Laires MJ, Silva AM. Magnesium intake mediates the association between bone mineral density and lean soft tissue in elite swimmers. Magnesium Research. 2012 Jul 1;25(3):120-5.
- Aydın H, Deyneli O, Yavuz D, Gözü H, Mutlu N, Kaygusuz I, Akalın S. Short-term oral magnesium supplementation suppresses bone turnover in postmenopausal osteoporotic women. Biological trace element research. 2010 Feb;133:136-43.
- Kass LS, Skinner P, Poeira F. A pilot study on the effects of magnesium supplementation with high and low habitual dietary magnesium intake on resting and recovery from aerobic and resistance exercise and systolic blood pressure. Journal of sports science & medicine. 2013 Mar;12(1):144.
- Itoh K, Kawasaki T, Nakamura M. The effects of high oral magnesium supplementation on blood pressure, serum lipids and related variables in apparently healthy Japanese subjects. British Journal of Nutrition. 1997 Nov;78(5):737-50.
- Guerrero-Romero F, Rodríguez-Morán M. The effect of lowering blood pressure by magnesium supplementation in diabetic hypertensive adults with low serum magnesium levels: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Journal of human hypertension. 2009 Apr;23(4):245-51.
- Joris PJ, Plat J, Bakker SJ, Mensink RP. Long-term magnesium supplementation improves arterial stiffness in overweight and obese adults: results of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled intervention trial. The American journal of clinical nutrition. 2016 May 1;103(5):1260-6.
- White RE, Hartzell HC. Magnesium ions in cardiac function: regulator of ion channels and second messengers. Biochemical pharmacology. 1989 Mar 15;38(6):859-67.
- Shechter M, Saad T, Shechter A, Koren-Morag N, Silver BB, Matetzky S. Comparison of magnesium status using X-ray dispersion analysis following magnesium oxide and magnesium citrate treatment of healthy subjects. Magnesium research. 2012 Mar 1;25(1):28-39.
- Zhou Q, Shen J, Zhou G, Shen L, Zhou S, Li X. Effects of magnesium sulfate on heart rate, blood pressure variability and baroreflex sensitivity in preeclamptic rats treated with L-NAME. Hypertension in pregnancy. 2013 Nov 1;32(4):422-31.
- Held K, Antonijevic IA, Künzel H, Uhr M, Wetter TC, Golly IC, Steiger A, Murck H. Oral Mg2+ supplementation reverses age-related neuroendocrine and sleep EEG changes in humans. Pharmacopsychiatry. 2002 Jul;35(04):135-43.
- Nielsen FH, Johnson LK, Zeng H. Magnesium supplementation improves indicators of low magnesium status and inflammatory stress in adults older than 51 years with poor quality sleep.
- Abbasi B, Kimiagar M, Sadeghniiat K, Shirazi MM, Hedayati M, Rashidkhani B. The effect of magnesium supplementation on primary insomnia in elderly: A double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Journal of research in medical sciences: the official journal of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences. 2012 Dec;17(12):1161.
- Lindberg JS, Zobitz MM, Poindexter JR, Pak CY. Magnesium bioavailability from magnesium citrate and magnesium oxide. Journal of the American college of nutrition. 1990 Feb 1;9(1):48-55.
- Schwalfenberg GK, Genuis SJ. The importance of magnesium in clinical healthcare. Scientifica. 2017 Oct;2017.
Formulated using Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate)
Other Ingredients: Vegetable Cellulose Capsules, MCT Powder.
As a dietary supplement, take 3 capsules a day in divided doses, preferably with food or as suggested by your healthcare provider.
Consult your healthcare provider prior to the use of this supplement, if you are pregnant or nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition. For adult use only. Keep out of the reach of children. Discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reactions occur. Do not use if the safety seal is damaged or missing. Store in a cool and dry place.